The Honey Benefits for Skin (Plus Recipes)
Why You Should Incorporate Honey into Your Diet & Beauty Routine
Many people think of honey as a great way to add sweetness to their desserts and to their tea. However, so many people fail to recognize how powerful honey can be and how many health benefits can be gained by incorporating honey into their daily beauty routine.
If you are still not 100% sure if honey is a magic ingredient for your overall health, here is a short blog post that may change your mind.
Why is Honey Good for Your Skin?
Nowadays it is so hard to find natural ways to maintain healthy and beautiful skin. But adding a natural ingredient like honey to your skin care routine can be a great organic way that is great for your beauty.
It contains an antioxidant that helps protect your skin from sun damage and aging. In addition, honey acts as a healer as it speeds up recovery time for infections and wounds.
And if you are an individual who has sensitive skin, then honey is great as it has a very low potential to irritate skin. In addition, honey is also great for hair care; as it can add extra moisturizer to your damaged and dry hair, thereby, making it a great substitute for your hair conditioner.
Honey Beauty Recipes
Milk & Honey Strengthening Soak
This recipe is great if you have weak and brittle nails.
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix ingredients in a small bowl.
- Soak nails for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse well with warm water.
DIY Honey Almond Body Scrub
This homemade body scrub is great as it exfoliates and gets rid of all your dead skin.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons finely ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond oil
- Pulse the almonds in your food processor or coffee grinder until they are finely ground.
- Combine all the ingredients into a paste and gently work into skin in small, circular motions.
- Let the mixture sit for a few minutes to soak up all the moisture, then rinse.
Coconut Oil Honey Hair Mask
Coconut oil is a powerful natural ingredient but when you combine honey it becomes even more powerful for your hair.
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon organic raw honey
- Show cap
- Mix ingredients together and as an extra step to help your hair follicles open up, heat the mixture up on a stovetop in a small sauce pan.
- The mask is easier to apply to wet hair, but works on dry hair as well.
- Have a towel around your neck to protect your clothes while applying the mask.
- Section your hair off and generously apply from top to bottom, focusing on the end where most damage occurs.
- Wrap your hair in a bun and let mask soak in for 30 to 40 minutes, and then wash out with shampoo and conditioner.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The above information is intended to increase awareness of health information and does not suggest treatment or diagnosis. This information is not a substitute for individual medical attention and should not be construed to indicate that use of the drug is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. See your health care professional for medical advice and treatment.