Information About Asmanex Twisthaler
Asmanex Twisthaler (Mometasone)
Asmanex Twishaler is used to treat symptoms of asthma. It contains mometasone furote that belongs to the class of drugs called corticosteroid. It is a drug that carries out its function by reducing irritation and swelling of the airways. This helps reduce symptoms of asthma such as wheezing, shortness of breath. When used regularly, it will help control asthma symptoms. However, it cannot relieve an asthma attack once it has already started. Regular daily use is important for the medicine to be beneficial.
You can buy Asmanex Twisthaler online from Canada pharmacy to get the best rates available. With Canada Pharmacy, you can also be assured that you only get genuine products.
Asmanex Twisthaler provides about 200 mcg mometasone furoate per actuation from the mouthpiece.
Inhale this medication by mouth as prescribed by your doctor. The dosage may vary from person to person according to the medical condition, age and response to treatment. However, it is usually once or twice a day. Do not breathe back out into the inhaler. If two inhalations/puffs are prescribed, wait at least one minute between each of them.
If you are using other inhalers medications at the same time, make sure to wait at least 1 minute between the uses of each medication. Always use mometasone furote at the end.
- Gargle and rinse your mouth with water after each use of this medication to avoid dryness, irritation, and yeast infections called thrush in the mouth and throat.
- Do not swallow the water used for rinsing.
- Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to milk or lactose.
- Do not use this if you are having an asthma attack.
- Do not stop using the drug suddenly as you may then suffer from withdrawal symptoms.
- Always keep a rescue inhaler such as an inhaled short-acting bronchodilator or albuterol.
- Suitable for use for everyone over four years of age.
- Not suitable for use by pregnant or breastfeeding females.
- Keep away from children.
Some side effects of this medication include:
- Irritated throat
- White patches in the mouth
- Trouble sleeping
- Increased thirst
Product Code: 12270
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.