Top Brand Choice
(Known as Champix in the UK)
How does chantix work?
Chantix is a medicine that aids in the cessation of smoking. Usually, it is used in conjunction with stop-smoking programs that focus on education, support, and counseling. Benefits of quitting smoking need no introduction, but generally they lower the risk of developing heart and lung diseases along with cancer. Chantix acts by blocking the effect of nicotine in the brain that stimulates you to smoke.
You can buy Chantix starter pack easily from online stores such as Canada Pharmacy. The Chantix quit smoking program can only lead to possible results in patients who are motivated and are receptive to the advice and counseling provided by your doctor.
Active ingredient: Varenicline 0.5mg (as 0.85mg of varenicline tartrate)
Varenicline 1.0mg (as 1.71mg of varenicline tartrate)
Chantix is taken after eating food, usually with a glass of water. It is mandatory to follow the prescription of your doctor regarding the dosage of Chantix. Usually, three methods are there to use this drug, and you can choose the one that suits you best in consultation with your physician.
- Set a date to quit smoking. Start taking Chantix 1 week prior to your set date. Quit smoking on your planned date as Chantix builds up in your body. Chantix is to be taken for a total of 12 weeks.
- Start taking Chantix without a planned date. Choose a quit date between 8 and 35 days from the start of your treatment. Quit on that date. Take the prescribed medicine for a total of 12 weeks.
- Start taking Chantix and keep reducing the number of cigarettes you smoke each day till you stop smoking over a 12-week period. Continue with the treatment for another 12 weeks for a total of 24 weeks.
To make sure you have a safe Chantix treatment, consult your doctor prior to your treatment if you have;
- Serious allergies
- History of depression or mental illness
- History of seizures
- Kidney disease
- Heart disease
- Drink alcohol
A doctor must be consulted immediately if any of these side effects are seen.
- Changes in mood and behavior
- Unusual dreams
- Sleep disorders like insomnia
- Constipation, gas
- Nausea, vomiting
- Seizure, convulsions
- Suicidal thoughts
- New or worsening mental health problems
- Heart attack symptoms
- Stroke symptoms
- Severe skin reaction
Product Code: 9423
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.