Top Brand Choice
(Known as Zenhale in the UK)
What is dulera inhaler used for?
Dulera inhaler is used to prevent symptoms of asthma such as shortness of breath, wheezing, etc. It contains two medications that are mometasone furoate and formoterol. Mometasone furoate is a corticosteroid. It helps in reducing inflammation in the airways and acts upon inflammation-causing substances in the body such as histamine. Formoterol works by relaxing the muscles that surround the airways. This helps in opening up the airways. Formoterol also keeps cells mast cells from sending out chemical signals to the brain that trigger inflammation, helping to keep the airways less sensitive.
You can purchase the medicine Dulera Inhaler easily from Canada Pharmacy.
Theactive ingredients of Dulera inhaler 100 mcg are mometasone furoate, and formoterol fumarate dehydrate whereas the inactive ingredients include hydrofluoroalkane (HFA-227), anhydrous alcohol, and oleic acid.
Shake the inhaler well before each use and inhale this medication through the mouth. The usual dose is usually twice daily, once in the morning and then in the evening. If you are supposed to take is two puffs according to the doctor’s prescription, have at least a one-minute pause between them. If you are using other inhaler medications at the same time, make sure to wait at least 1 minute between the use of each medication and ensure you use Dulera inhaler at the end.
The following need to be taken care of when using Dulera.
- It can’t be used during an asthma attack. It is not a substitute for quick-relief inhalers.
- Asthma patients should always have a quick-relief inhaler on hand.
- Gargle and rinse your mouth with water after each use.
- Do not swallow this
- May slow down child growth if used by children.
- Not to be used by pregnant women.
- Not to be used by nursing mothers without a doctor’s recommendation.
- May cause QT prolongation due to irregular heartbeats.
- Kids younger than 12 years of age should avoid using this medication.
- Prolonged use may lead to osteoporosis.
The most common side effects of Dulera inhaler 100 mcg are:
- Inflammation in nose and throat
- Inflammation of sinus
- A headache
- A yeast infection known as thrush in mouth and throat
- Allergic reactions such as swelling of the face, lips and eyes, trouble breathing, hives, etc.
Product Code: 11657
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.