Oriahnn (elagolix, estradiol, and norethindrone acetate capsules; elagolix capsules) is a medication used to manage heavy periods due to fibroids in premenopausal women.
Elagolix is a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor antagonist, estradiol is an estrogen, and norethindrone acetate is a progestin.
Oriahnn is available as capsules. One capsule contains 300 mg of elagolix, 1 mg of estradiol, and 0.5 mg of norethindrone acetate while the other capsule contains 300 mg of elagolix.
Take one capsule (elagolix 300 mg, estradiol 1 mg, norethindrone acetate 0.5 mg) by mouth every morning and one capsule (elagolix 300 mg) by mouth every evening for up to 24 months.
Elagolix, estradiol, and norethindrone acetate are the active ingredients contained in Oriahnn.
WARNING: THROMBOEMBOLIC DISORDERS AND VASCULAR EVENTS
See full prescribing information for complete boxed warning.
- Estrogen and progestin combinations, including ORIAHNN, increase the risk of thrombotic or thromboembolic disorders, especially in women at increased risk for these events.
- ORIAHNN is contraindicated in women with current or a history of thrombotic or thromboembolic disorders and in women at increased risk for these events including women over 35 years of age who smoke or women with uncontrolled hypertension.
Do not take Oriahnn if you:
- Are older than 35 years old and smoke
- Have or had blood clots
- Have vascular disease such as cerebrovascular disease, coronary artery disease, or peripheral vascular disease
- Have heart valve or heart rhythm problems
- Have a condition that causes your blood to clot more than normal
- Have uncontrolled blood pressure
- Have diabetes with damage to the kidneys, eyes, nerves, or blood vessels
- Have headaches with numbness, weakness, or vision changes or if you are older than 35 and have migraines with aura
Do not take Oriahnn if you are pregant.
Do not take Oriahnn if you have osteoporosis.
Do not take Oriahnn if you have or have had breast cancer or other hormonally-sensitive cancers.
Do not take Oriahnn if you have liver problems or liver disease.
Do not take Oriahnn if you have abnormal vaginal bleeding that has not been diagnosed.
Do not take Oriahnn if you are allergic to any of its ingredients or excipients.
- Before you start treatment with Oriahnn, tell your doctor:
- About all the medications you take. These include prescription, nonprescription, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
- About your allergies.
- About your medical conditions.
- If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed.
- Do not consume grapefruit or grapefruit juice while being treated with Oriahnn.
- Oriahnn can increase the risk of heart attack, stroke, or blood clots. Seek emergency care immediately if you develop pain or swelling in your leg, trouble breathing, vision problems, sudden and severe headache, arm or leg weakness or numbness, trouble speaking, or chest, arm, or jaw pain or pressure.
- Oriahnn can cause bone mineral density loss.
- Oriahnn can cause suicidal ideation. Seek emergency care immediately if you develop suidcidal ideation, suicidal thoughts, suicidal behavior, or anxiety, depression, or mood changes that are new or worsening.
- Oriahnn can cause liver damage. Seek medical care right away if you develop yellowing of your skin or whites of your eyes, dark urine, tiredness, nausea, vomiting, swelling, stomach pain, or bruising.
- Oriahnn can cause high blood pressure. Your blood pressure should be monitored during treatment with Oriahnn.
- Oriahnn can cause changes in period pattern and can decrease the ability to recognize pregnancy. If you think you are pregnant, take a pregnancy test. Oriahnn should be discontinued if you are pregnant. Hormonal birth control may affect the way Oriahnn works, but the effects are unknown. Women should use non-hormonal birth control methods during treatment with Oriahnn and for 4 weeks after stopping Oriahnn.
- Oriahnn can cause elevated blood sugar levels, cholesterol, and triglycerides.
- Oriahnn can cause hair thinning or loss.
- Oriahnn can affect laboratory tests, including tests for thyroid, cholesterol, and blood clotting.
- Because Oriahnn contains FD and C Yellow No. 5 (tartrazine), there is an increased risk of allergic reactions in sensitive patients.
The most common side effects of Oriahnn include headache, hot flashes, tiredness, and abnormal vaginal bleeding. However, these are not all the possible side effects of Oriahnn. If you develop side effects that are a concern to you, call your doctor right away.
With a valid prescription, you can buy Oriahnn at a competitive cost at Canada Pharmacy.
- Oriahnn (elagolix, estradiol, and norethindrone acetate capsules; elagolix capsules), co-packaged for oral use. North Chicago, IL: AbbVie Inc.; 2021.
- Oriahnn. Important Safety Information. Accessed March 21, 2022.
The above information is intended to increase awareness of health information and does not suggest treatment or diagnosis. This information is not a substitute for individual medical attention and should not be construed to indicate that use of the drug is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. See your health care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Product Code : 13651