Top Brand Choice
All trademarks and registered trademarks appearing on this website are the property of their respective owners and canadapharmacy.com is not affiliated with them in any way.
Sibelium 5 MG Tablet - Uses, Side Effects, Substitutes
Sibelium 5 mg belongs to the class of drugs known as calcium channel blocker. It is widely used to prevent migraine attacks. Migraine headaches are believed to result due to the dilatation of blood vessels in the head region. Flunarizine may also be used to prevent and treat vertigo and other conditions of the inner ear and the brain. Sibelium Tablets carry out their action by preventing loss of tone and dilation of blood vessels in the head which in turn will help prevent the migraine headache.
This medicine is available for purchase online at Canada Pharmacy. You can have your order be directly delivered to your doorstep without any worries about quality guarantee.
The active substance in every sibelium 5 mg tablet is flunarizine as flunarizine dihydrochloride.
It also contains inactive substances such as:
- Lactose monohydrate
- Colloidal anhydrous silica
- Magnesium stearate
- Polysorbate 20
- Maize starch,
- Microcrystalline cellulose
- Croscarmellose sodium
The recommended dose of sibelium tablets is two tablets per day for all patients younger than 65 years of age. For all those who are 65 or older than 65, must take only one tablet daily. It is recommended to take this medicine at night, before going to bed. Use the medication regularly to get the best of results.
The following need to be considered when using sibelium.
- Limit alcohol consumption when using this drug.
- Avoid using sleep-inducing medicines when using sibelium.
- May cause depression in older patients.
- Contains lactose monohydrate, do not use this medicine if you are galactose intolerant.
- Pregnant women should use sibelium only with a doctor’s prescription.
- Breastfeeding mothers also need to consult a doctor before using this medicine.
- Do not overdose. Use all medicines according to the doctor’s prescription.
- Do not skip doses or alter doses without talking to your doctor first.
Possible side effects of this medicine are as follows:
- Upset stomach such as constipation, diarrhea
- Feeling sick
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle ache or other bodily pains
- Increased appetite
- Runny or blocked nose
- Irregular menstrual cycle in women
- Increase in body weight
Seek medical help in case any sign aggravates.
Product Code: 2220
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.