Steglujan is used in combination with diet and exercise to manage type 2 diabetes in adults. Steglujan consists of ertugliflozin, a sodium glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitor, and sitagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor.
Steglujan comes in tablets with the following strengths:
Ertugliflozin 5 mg and sitagliptin 100 mg
Ertugliflozin 15 mg and sitagliptin 100 mg
Once you have a prescription and buy Steglujan, then Steglujan is taken by mouth once daily in the morning with or without food. The dose may range from 5 mg ertugliflozin/100 mg sitagliptin by mouth once daily to 15 mg ertugliflozin/100 mg sitagliptin by mouth once daily, depending on toleration and the need for more blood sugar control.
The active ingredients in Stegujan are Ertugliflozin and Sitagliptin.
Discuss your allergies with your doctor. Do not take Steglujan if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in Steglujan.
Do not take Steglujan if you have severe kidney problems, end-stage renal disease, or are on dialysis.
- Pancreatitis, which may be severe or life-threatening, may occur if you take Steglujan. Stop taking Steglujan and immediately call your doctor if you have severe abdominal pain that does not go away.
- Ketoacidosis may occur if you take Steglujan. Stop taking Steglujan and call your doctor right away if you experience nausea, vomiting, breathing problems, abdominal pain, and fatigue.
- If you take Steglujan, you may be at an increased risk of amputation to your leg, foot, or toe. Seek medical attention right away if you notice new pain, sores, ulcers, or infections in your lower limbs. Your doctor may discontinue Steglujan.
- Be sure to tell your doctor if you cannot eat or drink regularly. Tell your doctor if you are vomiting, have diarrhea, or have been in the heat for a prolonged period of time as these can lead to dehydration and kidney damage.
- Steglujan may increase your risk for a urinary tract infection. Tell your doctor if you are urinating frequently, have burning when urinating, have cloudy urine, or have red or pink urine.
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of heart failure. If you experience symptoms of heart failure such as shortness of breath, swelling of the ankles, feet, or legs, fatigue, or rapid weight gain, call your doctor right away.
- Steglujan may increase your risk for low blood sugar levels, especially if you are taking other medications that can lower your blood sugar. If you experience symptoms of low blood sugar such as nervousness, shakiness, sweating, confusion, or rapid heart beat, then treat your low blood sugar as your doctor has instructed.
- Taking Steglujan may increase your risk for a serious bacterial infection of the tissues around the anus and genitals. You should get medical care immediately if you feel weak and develop a fever, pain, swelling, or redness of the skin around your anus and genitals.
- Let your doctor know if you have vaginal itching or an odor or white to yellowish discharge coming from your vagina as this could be a sign of a vaginal yeast infection.
- Let your doctor know if you have itching, swelling, or redness of the penis, odorous discharge coming from the penis, or painful skin around the penis as this could be a sign of a penile yeast infection.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you develop a skin reaction or blisters while taking Steglujan. Your doctor may decide to discontinue your Steglujan use.
- Tell your doctor if you experience joint pain while taking Steglujan.
- Seek medical care immediately if you develop an allergic reaction or a severe skin reaction, swelling under the skin, or shedding of your skin.
- There is a potential risk to the fetus if you take Steglujan while you are pregnant. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- You should avoid taking Steglujan while breastfeeding. Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed.
Be sure to tell your doctor if you experience adverse effects. Common Steglujan side effects include:
- Vaginal yeast infections
- Penile yeast infections
- Urination changes
- Upset stomach
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Sore throat
- Upper respiratory tract infection
Once you have a prescription, you can buy Steglujan online at a low cost from Canada Pharmacy.
- STEGLUJAN Prescribing Information. Whitehouse Station, NJ: Merk Sharp & Dhome Corp., 2021.
- Important Safety Information. Steglujan (ertugliflozin and sitagliptin). Accessed November 16, 2021.
- Urinary tract infection (UTI). Mayo Clinic. Accessed November 16, 2021.
The above information is intended to increase awareness of health information and does not suggest treatment or diagnosis. This information is not a substitute for individual medical attention and should not be construed to indicate that use of the drug is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. See your health care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Product Code : 13236