Tekturna Medication Uses and Indications:
Tekturna medication belongs to the type of drugs known as renin inhibitors. It is used to treat issues of hypertension which is the unusual high blood pressure in the body. Abnormally high blood pressure can lead to serious health problems such as heart failures, strokes, kidney malfunctioning, etc. Tekturna 300 mg works by reducing the amount of chemicals in the blood that causes narrowing of the blood vessels. Wide and relaxed blood vessels allow the smooth flow of blood throughout the body, ensuring to keep the blood pressure fairly low and constant.
This medicine is available for purchase online at Canada Pharmacy. Apart from reasonable rates, you can also have Tekturna delivered to your doorstep without any shipping hassles. All of your ordering information remains safe.
Tekturna medication is available in two dosages that are 165.75 mg or 331.5 mg. Each tablet contains aliskiren hemifumerate (about 150 mg or 300 mg aliskiren depending on the strength) as well as:
- Magnesium stearate
- Microcrystalline cellulose
- Colloidal anhydrous
- Iron oxide
- Black (E 172)
- Iron oxide
- Red (E 172)
- Titanium dioxide (E 171)
This medication needs to be taken orally. The usual dose is usually once per day. You may choose to take it with or without food, but it is necessary you take the medicine the same way each time as long as the treatment continues.
- Avoid taking aliskiren medication with a high-fat meal as it may reduce the absorption of the drug into the body.
- Do not take fruit juices along with the drug as this too can decrease the absorption of this medicine.
- Avoid alcohol consumption when taking this medicine.
- Get up slowly from a sitting or lying position to avoid getting too dizzy and falling over.
- May cause dizziness, do not drive or operate machinery until fully alert.
- Not to be used by pregnant women as it may harm the unborn child.
- Breastfeeding mothers should use this medication only with a doctor’s prescription to avoid any undesirable effects on the nursing child.
Common side effects of Tekturna include:
- Upset stomach
Product Code: 9665
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.