Theophylline Medication Tablets, Capsules Uses and Indications:
Theophylline medication belongs to the class of drugs known as methylxanthines. It is used widely to prevent and treat symptoms of asthma, COPD such as bronchitis and emphysema, and other similar lung diseases. These symptoms include wheezing, shortness of breath, and chest tightness. Theophylline tablets work by relaxing air passages and making them wider to aid in breathing and allow easier and smoother breathing.
You can purchase the medicine online from Canada Pharmacy and enjoy reasonable rates. Your order can be ordered right to your doorstep.
Each theophylline tablet for oral consumption is available in two dosages that are either 300 mg or 450 mg.
Each tablet contains anhydrous Theophylline as well as other inactive ingredients such as hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, and povidone.
This medication needs to be taken orally with a full glass of water. The usual dosage is about once or twice per day, but the doctor may choose to vary the dosage according to the patient’s medical condition, weight, and age. You can take this medicine on an empty stomach, but if you suffer from upsetting of the stomach due to it, you may choose to take it with food as well. Use this drug regularly for the best of results.
- The action of this drug is not immediate and hence, should not be used to treat sudden breathing problems.
- People who suffer from breathing issues should always keep a quick-relief inhaler on hand.
- May cause dizziness, do not drive or operate machinery until fully alert.
- Avoid consuming meals rich in fats at least 1 hour before or after taking this medicine.
- Pregnant women should only use this medication with a doctor’s recommendation by discussing all possible outcomes.
- Breastfeeding mothers should avoid using this medicine as it passes through breast milk and may have negative effects on the nursing child.
Common side effects of this medicine are as follows:
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhea and other symptoms of upset stomach
- Sleep problems such as insomnia
- Feeling restless, nervous
- Increased irritability
Contact a doctor at once if any of these side effects aggravate or persist for a prolonged period of time.
Product Code: 9382
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.