Top Brand Choice
Vivelle Dot (Estradiol)
(Known as Estradot in the UK)
What is VIVELLE DOT (or Estradot)?VIVELLE DOT, known as Estradot in the UK, is a female hormone usually given to women who are no longer able to produce the proper amount of hormones such as estrogen. It can help control moderate to severe symptoms of menopause, including hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness and atrophy. VIVELLE DOT, and Estradot, also help reduce the risk of postmenopausal osteoporosis, which is a major health concern for women after menopause.
VIVELLE DOT Dose and DirectionsThe VIVELLE DOT dose is different for each patient. Closely follow the directions on the label. If your VIVELLE DOT dose is different than what’s on the label, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so. The amount of medication that you take depends on the strength of the medicine. The medical problem for which you are using the medicine will determine; the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the VIVELLE DOT dose.
VIVELLE DOT PriceBuy VIVELLE DOT online for the lowest available price. It’s easier to compare VIVELLE DOT price points online than by shopping in stores. In addition, Canada Pharmacy offers a Lowest VIVELLE DOT Price Guarantee so you can be sure you are getting the best VIVELLE DOT Price.
VIVELLE DOT CouponsSign up with Canada Pharmacy to receive VIVELLE DOT Coupons when they become available. Once available, VIVELLE DOT coupons will be emailed to Canada Pharmacy customers who buy VIVELLE DOT online. At this time there are no VIVELLE DOT coupons offered directly on the website.
The dosage for VIVELLE DOT will be different for each patient. Closely follow the directions on the label. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so. The amount of medication that you take depends on the strength of the medicine. Also, the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depend on the medical problem for which you are using the medicine
All estrogen therapies carry risk because they can increase the chances of getting cancer of the uterus (womb). You should report any unusual vaginal bleeding right away while you are taking estrogens. Vaginal bleeding after menopause may be a warning sign of cancer of the uterus (womb).
Do not use estrogens (with or without progestins) to prevent heart disease, heart attacks or strokes. Using estrogens (with or without progestins) may increase your chances of getting heart attacks, strokes, breast cancer, and blood clots. Using estrogens may increase your risk of dementia (decline in memory and thinking skills).
VIVELLE DOT (estrogen therapy) should not be used if you:
- are allergic to CombiPatch or any of its ingredients
- have unusual vaginal bleeding
- currently have or have had certain cancers, including cancer of the breast or uterus
- had a stroke or heart attack in the recent past (for example, in the past year)
- currently have or have had blood clots
- currently have or have had liver problems
- may be pregnant
- high blood pressure, angina, or heart disease
- high cholesterol
- liver disease
- kidney disease
- epilepsy or other seizure disorder
- gallbladder disease
- if you have had your uterus removed (hysterectomy)
All medications may cause side effects, but usually patients have no, or minor, side effects. Common side effects of VIVELLE DOT may include:
- breast tenderness
- back pain
- nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite;
- swollen breasts;
- acne or skin color changes;
- decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm;
- migraine headaches or dizziness;
- vaginal pain, dryness, or discomfort;
- swelling of your ankles or feet;
- depression; or
- changes in your menstrual periods, break-through bleeding
- chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling
- sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body
- sudden severe headache, confusion, problems with vision, speech, or balance
- pain or swelling in your lower leg
- abnormal vaginal bleeding
- pain, swelling, or tenderness in your stomach
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- a lump in your breast
Product Code: 9398
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.