Top Brand Choice
All trademarks and registered trademarks appearing on this website are the property of their respective owners and canadapharmacy.com is not affiliated with them in any way.
Top Generic Choice
to (Zofran (Ondansetron) )
Prescription Required What is Generic?
What is the drug Zofran used to treat?Chemical Name: ONDANSETRON (on-DAN-se-tron)
Zofran medication is used to prevent symptoms of nausea and vomiting. It is particularly used to avoid such symptoms after cancer treatments such as chemotherapy or radiation therapy as well as after surgery. Zofran works by restricting the action of a natural substance that occurs within the body and is responsible for causing vomiting.
Zofran generic is also available for purchase online at Canada Pharmacy.
Zofran tablets contain an ondansetron base as well as the inactive ingredients aspartame, hypromellose, iron oxide yellow (8-mg tablet only), lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch, triacetin, and titanium dioxide, gelatin, mannitol, methylparaben sodium, propylparaben sodium, and strawberry flavor.
- If being used to prevent nausea from chemotherapy, take this medication by mouth usually within 30 minutes before treatment begins.
- To prevent nausea due to radiation treatment, take this medication by mouth 1 to 2 hours before the start of your treatment.
- To prevent nausea after surgery, take Zofran by mouth 1 hour before the start of surgery.
This medication may be taken with or without food. The usual dosage of this drug is about three times a day. Take the medicine regularly for the best of results.
- Take all medicines with a doctor’s prescription.
- Make sure to follow the dosage prescribed by the doctor and do not skip doses or overdose.
- May cause dizziness, do not drive or operate machinery when using this medicine until fully alert.
- Pregnant women should avoid using this medicine without a doctor’s recommendation.
- Breastfeeding women should discuss all pros and cons with a doctor of taking this drug before beginning the use of Zofran.
There are a few side effects to each medicine, but it is not necessary that they may be experienced by all the users. Common side effects of Zofran include:
- Lethargy or feeling tired
- A headache
- Upset stomach such as diarrhea and constipation, etc.
Consult a doctor immediately in case any of this signs worsen.
Product Code: 1922
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.