Top Brand Choice
Caverject Impulse Kit
(Known as Caverject Dual Chamber in the UK)
Information About Caverject Uses and Interactions:
The Caverject Impulse Kit (alprostadil) is used for the treatment of problems related to male sexual functions, specifically erectile dysfunction. It’s able to aid with proper blood flow to the penis to achieve as well as maintain an erection.
You can buy Caverject as a disposable, single-dose, dual-chamber syringe system. It includes a glass cartridge which has sterile, freeze-dried alprostadil present in the front chamber. The rear chamber has sterile bacteriostatic water for injection. Take note that the alprostadil should be reconstituted using the provided sterile bacteriostatic water just before injection.
Caverject Impulse Kit is available in two strengths for intracavernosal administration:
- 10 microgram - The reconstituted solution has a volume of 0.64 mL. The delivered volume, 0.5 mL, contains 10 micrograms (mcg) of alprostadil, 324.7 mcg of alpha cyclodextrin, 45.4 mg of lactose, 23.5 mcg of sodium citrate, and 4.45 mg of benzyl alcohol.
- 20 microgram - The reconstituted solution has a volume of 0.64 mL. The delivered volume, 0.5 mL, contains 20 micrograms (mcg) of alprostadil, 649.3 mcg of alpha cyclodextrin, 45.4 mg of lactose, 23.5 mcg of sodium citrate, and 4.45 mg of benzyl alcohol.
The first administration of Caverject should be under the professional supervision of a healthcare provider. Self-administration requires proper training. The individual dose is determined by the doctor.
After proper training, self-administration at home can be done. It’s recommended to not use Caverject more than 3 times a week. There should be at least a 24 hours gap between doses.
The Caverject Impulse Kit (alprostadil) is not for use in women or children.
The Caverject Impulse Kit (alprostadil) is not recommended for use in men with penile implants.
Do not use this medicine if you have:
- Deformed penis shape
- Medical problems that could lead to having an erection for more than 4 hours. These include ailments such as leukemia, sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, and sickle cell trait.
- Blood pressure issues
- Heart problems
- Any medication you might already be taking, especially anticoagulants
Common Caverject side effects include:
- Penile pain
- Penile fibrosis
- Prolonged erection (lasting 4 to 6 hours)
- Bruising at the injection site
- Penile disorders including swelling, sensitivity, irritation, discoloration, numbness, or skin-tears.
- Penile rash
Product Code: 10573
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.