What is Midamor Medication?Chemical Name: AMILORIDE (a-MILL-oh-ride)
Midamor or Amiloride 5 mg is a diuretic, commonly known as a water pill. It is used in treating hypertension that is high blood pressure as well as to treat hypokalemia that is a condition that leads to reduced levels of potassium in the patient’s body. It may even be used for helping patients with edema that is excess fluid in the body. Midamor medication works by triggering the body to expel extra salt and water while making sure that the kidneys do not get rid of too much potassium due to the action of other diuretics.
You can easily purchase Midamor from Canada Pharmacy and be rest assured that you will only get the genuine product. Plus, with Canada Pharmacy, you can enjoy reasonable rates and delivery of your order straight to your door!
Midamor medication contains 5 mg of anhydrous amiloride HCl. The inactive ingredients in Midamor Amiloride 5 mg tablet are calcium phosphate, D&C Yellow 10, iron oxide, lactose, magnesium stearate, and starch.
This medicine needs to be taken orally usually with a meal. The dosage may vary according to the patient’s need, but normally, it is one pill daily. Take the medicine regularly for the best results. Make sure you take amiloride 5 mg tablet well before bedtime to avoid getting up to urinate.
- May cause the body to lose water and mineral salts leading to severe symptoms of dehydration such as dry mouth, weakness, thirst. Inform a doctor immediately if you notice these signs.
- Water loss may also occur through vomiting, sweating, etc. Make sure you drink ample of fluids and keep yourself hydrated.
- May increase potassium levels in the body, limit usage of foods high potassium such as bananas.
- Not to be used by pregnant females until clearly needed.
- Not to be used by breastfeeding mothers without a doctor’s prescription.
- Avoid alcohol while using this medication.
- Consult your doctor before consumption. Also, share your medical history with the health professional.
Medications often carry side effects that usually go away once the treatment is completed. Common side effects of amiloride 5 mg are:
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- A headache
Product Code: 2421
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.