Uroxatral (Alfuzosin )
Top Brand Choice
Uroxatral (Alfuzosin )
(Also known as Xatral XL)
All trademarks and registered trademarks appearing on this website are the property of their respective owners and canadapharmacy.com is not affiliated with them in any way.
Top Generic Choice
to (Uroxatral (Alfuzosin ))
Prescription Required What is Generic?
Uroxatral 10 mg Uses & Indications:UROXATRAL is an alpha-blocker used to treat symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH, enlarged prostate) such as frequent, urgent need to urinate during the day and at night, weak urine stream, and difficulty urinating. It improves urine flow by relaxing the smooth muscle located at the bladder neck and around the prostate.
Take UROXATRAL exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
UROXATRAL is usually taken once a day, at the same time daily, just after a meal. Do not take it on an empty stomach. Do not crush, chew, or break the tablet. Swallow it whole because breaking the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
Before using UROXATRAL, patients should be aware of essential safety information that may affect them. Speak to your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- severe liver disease
- if you are also taking similar medicines such as doxazosin (Cardura), prazosin (Minipress), silodosin (Rapaflo), tamsulosin (Flomax), or terazosin (Hytrin)
- if you are also using ketoconazole (Nizoral), itraconazole (Sporanox), or ritonavir (Norvir)
- Men with BPH often experience erectile dysfunction (ED) or other sexual issues. Be sure to tell your doctor if you are concerned about sexual side effects
- Do not take Uroxatral with other similar medicines such as doxazosin (Cardura), prazosin (Minipress), silodosin (Rapaflo), tamsulosin (Flomax), or terazosin (Hytrin)
- UROXATRAL can affect your pupils during cataract surgery. Tell your eye surgeon ahead of time that you are using this medication
All medications may cause side effects, but usually patients have no, or minor, side effects.
Common side effects of UROXATRAL may include:
- mild dizziness
- tired feeling
- cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat
- allergic reactions (hives, difficulty breathing, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat)
- chest pain
- stomach pain
- low fever
- loss of appetite
- dark urine and/or clay-colored stools
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- feeling like you might pass out
- penis erection that is painful or lasts 4 hours or longer
Product Code: 5502
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.