Top Brand Choice
All trademarks and registered trademarks appearing on this website are the property of their respective owners and canadapharmacy.com is not affiliated with them in any way.
Top Generic Choice
to (Alphagan (Brimonidine))
Prescription Required What is Generic?
How to Use Alphagan and Common Side EffectsChemical Name: BRIMONIDINE (bri-MOE-ni-deen)
Alphagan helps reduce the amount of fluid in the eye which in turn helps to decrease the pressure in the eye. Alphagan’s chemical name is Brimonidine. Alphagan is available in the form of eye drops and decreases the pressure by allowing the drainage of fluid from the eye. You can treat glaucoma using Brimonidine, mostly treats open-angle glaucoma.
Lowering the high blood pressure in the eyes helps protect the eye from the risk of vision loss, nerve damage, and blindness.
You can get Alphagan online from Canada Pharmacy.
Ingredients include brimonidine tartrate, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, boric acid, and potassium chloride.
To apply Alphagan drops, make sure to wash your eyes first. Try to avoid contaminations by not letting the dropper tip touch you or any other surface.
- Tilt your head back, look up towards the ceiling and pull down your lower lid.
- Hold the dropper directly above your eye and insert a single drop.
- Look downwards and close your eyes for 1-2 minutes.
- Place a finger on the corner of your eyes and apply gentle pressure.
- Do not rinse the dropper after use and instead replace the dropper cap.
- If you are using another medication along with Alphagan wait at least 5 minutes before using the other drug.
- Use these drops before the eye ointment to allow the drops to enter the eye.
- Continue this medication even if you do not have the symptom.
- Do not stop using Alphagan or buy Alphagan without consulting your doctor.
- Alphagan is not recommended for children less than 2 years of age as it may cause slow breathing.
Many people who treat glaucoma use Brimonidine and do not experience any serious side effect. It may cause:
- Eye discomfort
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Tiredness and drowsiness
If such side effects occur, let your doctor know immediately.
Some serious side effects may include:
- Slow or irregular heartbeats.
Product Code: 1331
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.