Top Brand Choice
All trademarks and registered trademarks appearing on this website are the property of their respective owners and canadapharmacy.com is not affiliated with them in any way.
Chemical Name RAMIPRIL (RA-mi-pril)
Altace is a CAPSULE and therefore CANNOT be split.
ALTACE belongs to group of drugs called ACE inhibitors. ACE stands for angiotensin converting enzyme. It is used alone or in combination with other medications to treat high blood pressure. It is also used to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke in patients at risk for these problems and to improve survival in patients with heart failure after a heart attack.
It is important to take PREVACID exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Closely follow the directions on your prescription label.
ALTACE can be taken with or without food. Swallow the tablet whole.
If patients cannot swallow the tablet, you can open the ALTACE capsule and sprinkle the medicine into a half-cup (4 ounces) of water, apple juice, or applesauce to make swallowing easier. Swallow without chewing. You may store the mixture for up to 24 hours at room temperature or up to 48 hours in a refrigerator.
Patients should not use ALTACE if they are allergic to ramipril, any other ACE inhibitor or chemicals contained in this medication.
To make sure you can safely take ALTACE, tell your doctor if you have:
- kidney disease (or if you are on dialysis)
- liver disease
- a connective tissue disease such as Marfan syndrome, Sjogren's syndrome, lupus, scleroderma, or rheumatoid arthritis
- if you are also taking telmisartan (Micardis)
- if you have ever had a severe allergic reaction
- are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- breastfeeding or planning on breastfeeding
Most medications can cause side effects which can be defined as an unwanted response to a medication when it is taken in normal doses. Side effects can range from mild or severe, temporary or permanent. Side effects are not experienced all patients who take this medication. Many side effects can be managed, and others may go away over time.
Stop using ALTACE and contact your doctor if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- feeling like you might pass out
- high potassium level (slow heart rate, weak pulse, muscle weakness, tingly feeling
- dry mouth, thirst, confusion, swelling, and urinating less than usual or not at all
- pale skin, dark colored urine, easy bruising or bleeding
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms, sores in your mouth and throat
- tired feeling, headache
- dizziness, spinning sensation
- nausea, vomiting
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about additional side effects that you may experience.
Product Code: 1332
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.