Top Brand Choice
Maxalt MLT (Rizatriptan)
(Known as Maxalt Rapid in the UK)
What is maxalt mlt 10 mg used for?
Chemical Name: Rizatriptan (rye zah TRIP tin)
Maxalt MLT is used for the treatment of acute migraine headaches in children 6 years of age and older and adults. It is not used to prevent migraine headaches and is not used for cluster headaches. Rizatriptan works in the brain to relieve the pain from migraine headaches. It belongs to the group of medicines called triptans.
For many people, taking Maxalt Mlt 10 mg makes the headaches go away completely. For others, it reduces the intensity of their headaches to a level that allows them to function all day properly. You can easily purchase the medicine online from Canada Pharmacy.
Ingredients in Maxalt MLT include:
- Lactose monohydrate
- Microcrystalline cellulose
- Pregelatinized starch
- Ferric oxide (red),
- Magnesium stearate.
Inactive ingredients in MAXALT-MLT orally disintegrating tablets:
- Peppermint flavor
Take this medicine strictly according to the amount the doctor has prescribed you. Do not increase, decrease, or shorten your dosage. Taking too much of Rizatriptan might result in the increased chances of its side effects.
Take this medication as soon as you feel pain starting to build up. Do not take this medicine until the pain starts.
Lying down in a quiet, dark room for a while after you use this medicine may help relieve your migraine.
Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water. Do not crush, break, or chew it.
- Tell your doctor if you have ever had any unusual or allergic reaction to this medicine or any other medicines.
- Elderly patients are more likely to have high blood pressure and age-related heart problems, which may require caution and an adjustment in the dose for patients receiving rizatriptan.
- It is very important that your doctor checks your or your child’s progress at regular visits.
The most common side effects include:
- Chest pain
- Heaviness, tightness, or pressure in the chest and neck
- Pounding heartbeat
- Sensation of burning, warmth, heat, numbness, tightness, or tingling
- Shortness of breath
Less common ones include:
- Burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, pins and needles, or tingling feelings
- Increased heartbeat
- Irregular heartbeat
- Pain, tightness, or pressure in the neck, jaw, or throat
- Slow heartbeat
Product Code: 2279
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.