Top Brand Choice
All trademarks and registered trademarks appearing on this website are the property of their respective owners and canadapharmacy.com is not affiliated with them in any way.
Nasonex 50 mcg nasal spray:Chemical Name: MOMETASONE (moe-MET-a-sone)
Each device has 140 doses, generic Nasonex each device has 100 doses.
NASONEX is nasal spray that is clinically proven to help relieve both seasonal (outdoor) and year-round (indoor) nasal allergy symptoms including congestion, sneezing, irritation, itchy nose, discomfort, or runny nose. This medication contains Mometasone which is a steroid that prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.
Use NASONEX exactly as it was prescribed by your doctor or as indicated on the patient instructions for safe and effective use. Follow these directions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
The usual dose of NASONEX is 1-2 sprays into each nostril once per day. Your doctor may recommend you start using this medication 2-4 weeks before the start of allergy season. Shake the medicine bottle well before each use. It may take up to 2 weeks of using this medicine before your symptoms improve. For best results, keep using the medication as directed. Talk with your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after a week of treatment.
Before using NASONEX, patients should be aware of essential safety information that may affect them. The use of NASONEX may cause:
- Infections of the nose and throat
- Slow wound healing
- Eye problems, including glaucoma and cataracts
- System problems that can increase your risk of getting infections.
- A condition in which the adrenal glands do not make enough steroid hormones may occur
- Glaucoma or cataracts
- Herpes simplex virus of your eyes
- Tuberculosis or any other infection or illness
- Sores or ulcers inside your nose
- If you have recently had injury of or surgery on your nose
Every medication has side effects; however it is rare that they may occur. Patients can usually find the complete list of side effects with their medication.
Serious side effects can occur while taking NASONEX, including:
- Allergic reaction including hives, difficulty breathing, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Severe or ongoing nose bleed
- Sores in the nose that won't heal
- Wheezing, trouble breathing
- Vision problems
- Flu symptoms such as fever, chills or body aches
- Stuffy nose, sore throat, cough
- Muscle or joint pain
- Sores or white patches inside or around your nose
Product Code: 1988
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.