Top Brand Choice
All trademarks and registered trademarks appearing on this website are the property of their respective owners and canadapharmacy.com is not affiliated with them in any way.
Protopic Uses and Indications:
Protopic cream is used to treat a skin condition called eczema. Eczema is an allergic condition of skin in which red, irritated and itchy blisters or patches appear on the skin. This drug treats eczema by weakening the immune system of the skin. This drug belongs to a class of drugs called topical calcineurin inhibitors.
You can purchase high-quality tacrolimus ointment online from Canada Pharmacy and enjoy reduced prices. Your order will be delivered right to your doorstep without a hassle.
The active Ingredient in Protopic cream is Tacrolimus, either 0.03% or 0.1%.
Inactive ingredients include:
- Mineral oil
- Propylene carbonate
- White petrolatum
- White wax
Thoroughly read the instructions leaflet provided by your pharmacist.
Use this medication according to the prescription provided by your doctor.
It is usually applied once or twice a day on the affected area. But you have to apply it according to the prescription given by your doctor. Strictly remember to wash your hands before and after the application of this ointment. This ointment is only for use on skin. Keep it away from your eyes, nose, and mouth. Do not apply to open wounds or areas which are infected. If accidentally, a contact occurs with open wounds, infected areas, mouth, nose or eyes, rinse those areas with a lot of water immediately.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to this medication or other medications like sirolimus.
- Inform your doctor about all the allergies you have.
- Inform your doctor about your medical history of skin infections (e.g., herpes, shingles), other skin conditions, and kidney disease.
- Do not use alcohol when using this medication.
- Do not use this drug if you breastfeed an infant. It might have adverse effects on your child.
- Reduce your exposure to the sun to the bare minimum when using this medication.
- If you are pregnant, consult your doctor before taking this medication.
The side effects you should be aware of are:
- Itching in the area of treated skin
- Hair bumps (folliculitis)
- Upset stomach
- Flu-like symptoms (e.g., fever, chills, runny nose, sore throat, muscle aches),
- Increased sensitivity of the skin to hot/cold/pain/touch may also occur.
Product Code: 2420
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.