Top Brand Choice
(Also known as Topamac)
All trademarks and registered trademarks appearing on this website are the property of their respective owners and canadapharmacy.com is not affiliated with them in any way.
Top Generic Choice
to (Topamax (Topiramate))
Prescription Required What is Generic?
What is Topamax Used For?
Topamax generic form is Topiramate, and it belongs to the family of anticonvulsants or antiepileptics. This therapy may be used alone or in combination with other drugs to prevent and control seizures in adults and children who are at least 2 years old.
Topiramate medication is also used to prevent migraine headaches. It also decreases the incidence of migraine attacks. It is used in adults and teenagers who are at least 12 years old. Topamax is used for prevention and control or to reduce the number of attacks of migraine. It is not effective or used once a migraine headache has started.
You can buy Topiramate online from Canada Pharmacy.
Active ingredient (comes in 4 strengths):
- Topiramate 25mg
- Topiramate 50mg
- Topiramate 100mg
- Topiramate 200mg
Topamax is a prescription drug. It should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. It can be taken with or without food, twice daily or as directed by the physician. It should be swallowed whole and not crushed, broken, or chewed.
Drink plenty of water to avoid kidney stones or electrolyte imbalance.
In children, Topamax dose is based on the weight of the child.
Before starting Topamax, consult your doctor if you have the following conditions;
- Glaucoma or other eye problems
- Diabetes, or metabolic acidosis
- Kidney disease, stones, dialysis
- Severe breathing problems
- Mood problems, depression, or suicidal thoughts or actions
- Liver disease
- Soft, brittle bones (osteoporosis, osteomalacia)
- Growth disorder
Consult your doctor on the development of any of the following side effects:
- Vision problems, eye pain or redness, sudden vision loss
- Confusion, problems with thinking or memory, trouble concentrating
- Problems with speech
- Dehydration symptoms - decreased sweating, high fever, hot and dry skin;
- Signs of kidney stone - severe pain in your side or lower back, painful or difficult urination;
- Signs of too much acid in blood - irregular heartbeats, feeling tired, loss of appetite, trouble thinking, feeling short of breath
- Signs of too much ammonia in your blood - vomiting, unexplained weakness, faintness
- Fever, weight loss
- Numbness or tingling in arms and legs
- Headache, dizziness, drowsiness, tired feeling, slow reactions
- Mood problems, feeling nervous
- Nausea, diarrhea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, indigestion
- Cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat
- Changes in your sense of taste
Product Code: 1860
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.