What is Voltaren SR used for?
Voltaren SR (Diclofenac Sodium SR)
Voltaren SR belongs to the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. “SR” stands for “sustained release,” which means that the tablet is formulated such that the contained drug is released slowly over time. As a result, fewer tablets are taken; leading to fewer side effects. It is used in the treatment of mild to moderate pain. It is also used to treat the signs and symptoms of pain associated with chronic conditions like osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis. Diclofenac Sodium SR acts by reducing the pain and swelling associated with inflammation along with relieving the joint stiffness associated with painful joint conditions like arthritis. Treatment with Voltaren SR helps in regaining normal activities of life.
Voltaren SR can be easily purchased from Canada Pharmacy on your doctor’s prescription.
Active ingredients (available in 3 strengths):
- Diclofenac Sodium SR 50mg
- Diclofenac Sodium SR 75mg
- Diclofenac Sodium SR 100mg
Voltaren SR 75 mg and Voltaren SR 100mg tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Do not crush, chew or break the SR tablet. Swallow it whole with a full glass of water. Usually, it takes 2 weeks for it to be fully effective.
Consult your doctor before using Voltaren SR, if you have the following conditions;
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol
- If you smoke
- History of heart attack, stroke, or blood clot
- History of stomach ulcers or bleeding
- Liver or kidney disease
- Fluid retention
- Pregnancy, especially the last trimester
Immediately stop using Voltaren SR and consult your doctor if the following side effects develop:
- Indigestion, gas, stomach pain
- Nausea, vomiting
- Diarrhea, constipation
- Headache, dizziness, drowsiness
- Itching, increased sweating
- Swelling or pain in arms or legs
- Skin peeling
- Shortness of breath
- Weight gain
- Signs of stomach bleeding like bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like ground coffee
- Liver problems like nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, flu-like symptoms, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice
- Kidney problems like little or no urinating, painful or difficult urination, edema
- High blood pressure leading to a severe headache, pounding in your neck or ears, nosebleed, anxiety, confusion
- Severe skin reaction
Product Code: 1905
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.