A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.
Read the enclosed brochure for other important information
- Diet and exercise are the starting points for any weight loss program. Try these first before starting any exercise program.
- To see if orlistat capsules are right for you, find your height on the chart. You may consider starting a weight loss program with orlistat if you weight is the same or more than the weight shown for your height.
- For overweight adults 18 years and older:
- Take 1 capsule with each meal containing fat
- Do not take more than 3 capsules daily
- Use with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet and exercise program until you reach your weight loss goal. Most weight loss occurs in the first 6 months.
- If you stop taking orlistat, continue with your diet and exercise program.
- If you start to regain weight after you stop taking orlistat, you may need to start taking orlistat again along with your diet and exercise program.
- Take a multivitamin once a day, at bedtime, when using orlistat.
Active Ingredients: Orlistat 60mg (Weight Loss Aid)
Inactive Ingredients: FD&C Blue 2, Edible Ink, Gelatin, Iron Oxide, microcystalline cellulose, Povidone, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, Talc, Titanium Dioxide.