Crestor (Rosuvastatin Calcium)
Top Brand Choice
All trademarks and registered trademarks appearing on this website are the property of their respective owners and canadapharmacy.com is not affiliated with them in any way.
Crestor (Rosuvastatin Calcium)
Chemical Name: Rosuvastatin Calcium (roe-SUE-vuh-stah-tin)
These tablets CANNOT be split.
Crestor is used with diet changes (restriction of cholesterol and fat intake) to reduce the amount of cholesterol and certain fatty substances in your blood. Accumulation of cholesterol and fats along the walls of your arteries (a process known as atherosclerosis) decreases blood flow and therefore the oxygen supply to your heart, brain, and other parts of your body. Lowering your blood level of cholesterol and fats may help to prevent heart disease, angina (chest pain), strokes, and heart attacks.
Why Buy Crestor online?Buy Crestor online to ensure you are paying the lowest available price. Shopping online is easy and convenient, with delivery direct to your doorstep. If you don’t know where to buy Crestor online, check out the pricing above. Canada Pharmacy offers a Lowest Crestor Price Guarantee, so you can be sure you are paying the lowest cost available.
What is Crestor Price?Crestor price varies depending on where you purchase it. Buy it online to easily compare Crestor price points. Comparing prices isn’t easy when you’re shopping in stores. There is also a better chance of receiving a Crestor coupon online, opposed to waiting for instore sales.
Crestor CouponSign up with Canada Pharmacy to receive a Crestor coupon when it becomes available. If available, it will be emailed to Canada Pharmacy customers who buy their medications online. At this time there is no Crestor Coupon offered directly on the website.
It is imperative to take this medication exactly as prescribed by your physician and the directions on your prescription label. Do not take in excess amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your physician.
Generally, it's taken daily with water. Patients may take the medication with or without food. It is important to take it regularly to get the maximum benefit of the medication.
This medication is only part of a complete program of treatment. Patients should supplement their medication with a healthy diet, exercise and weight control.
There are several things to avoid while taking this medication:
- Avoid eating foods that are high in fat or cholesterol. CRESTOR will not be as effective in lowering your cholesterol if patients do not follow a cholesterol-lowering meal plan.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medication as it can increase triglyceride levels and possibly damage your liver.
- Avoid using antacids without your physician's advice. Consult your physician about which type of antacid is right for you. Do not take the antacid within 2 hours after taking CRESTOR as it contains different chemicals.
Consult your physician before you start taking CRESTOR to confirm that you are not allergic to it or any other chemicals contained in this medicine. Inform your physician of any medications that you are taking, including prescription, non-prescription and/or herbal supplements. Clinical studies have informed physicians that individuals of Asian descent may absorb the chemical called rosuvastatin - which is the main ingredient of CRESTOR - at a higher rate than others. Ensure your physician is informed of your ethnicity as you may require a lower dose to start this medicine.
Do not take this medication if:
- you are allergic to CRESTOR, rosuvastatin or any other chemical contained in the medicine
- you have liver disease
- you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- kidney disease
- underactive thyroid
- a muscle disorder
- epilepsy or seizure disorder
- an electrolyte imbalance
- a severe infection or illness
- had a recent surgery or medical emergency
Some rare side effects that may occur while taking this medication include:
- stomach pain
- upset stomach
- difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- back pain
- joint pain or weakness
- sore throat, runny or stuffy nose
- memory loss
- muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness with fever or flu symptoms and dark colored urine
- urinating more or less than usual, or not at all
- nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- chest pain
- swelling in your hands or feet
- pain or burning when you urinate
**Please note this is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your physician for medical advice about side effects.
Product Code: 2328
March 17, 2017
Rosuvastatin -- Generic vs. Brand
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.