Top Brand Choice
Dovonex Ointment (Calcipotriol)
(Known as Daivonex Ointment,Psorcutan in the UK)
Info About Dovonex Ointment
Dovonex Ointment (Calcipotriol)
Dovonex ointment contains calcipotriol. This substance is an artificial form of vitamin D. It is widely used in the growth and development of skin cells. Calcipotriol cream 0.005 is used to treat plaque psoriasis. This is a medical condition that causes red patches on the skin covered by a layer of dead skin cells. They are often painful and tend to bleed. This medicine carries out its function by slowing down the growth of skin cells.
You can buy Dovonex ointment from Canada Pharmacy today for the best medicine at low prices.
Dovonex contains calcipotriol 0.005% as well as a synthetic vitamin D3 derivative.
Use this medication directly onto the skin. Apply a thin layer of the medicine onto the skin and rub it gently into the skin. If you’re using it in ointment form, use once daily. For foam and cream forms of calcipotriol cream 0.005, apply it twice a day. Do not use too frequently as it may lead to serious side effects. Always follow the dosage and directions of your doctor while using any medication.
The following need to be taken care of when using calcipotriol 0.005:
- Limit use of calcium when using this medication.
- Do not use calcium and vitamin D supplements when using Dovonex ointment.
- Rinse hands after application unless the treatment is on the hands.
- For external use only, do not eat or swallow.
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose, mouth, or vagina.
- In case of accidental contact with these places, wash the area with plenty of water.
- May cause you to sunburn easily, do not step out in sunlight or go to tanning beds when using Dovonex.
- Do not use other medications on the treated area except for Dovonex.
There are a few possible side effects of Dovonex ointment. These may include:
- Burning or itching of the skin
- Peeling off of the skin at the application site
- Skin rash
More severe side effects that require immediate medical attention are as follows:
- Severe burning
- Skin irritation
- Feeling tired and restless
- Worsening of skin condition
- Allergic reactions causing hives, swelling of the face, shortness of breath, etc.
Product Code: 2177
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.