Generic Doxycycline AntibioticChemical Name: DOXYCYCLINE (dox-i-SYE-kleen)
Doxycycline Hyclate Generic
Doxycycline belongs to the type of drugs called tetracycline antibiotics. Doxycycline Hyclate is used to treat bacterial infections in many different parts of the body such as to treat pimples and abscesses on the face that is known as adult acne. It may even be used to prevent malaria and treat anthrax infection after possible exposure. The medication works by killing bacteria or preventing their growth. However, this medicine does not affect colds, flu, or other virus infections.
You can get this medicine easily from Canada Pharmacy.
Each doxycycline hyclate 100mg contains:
- Lactose monohydrate
- Microcrystalline cellulose
- Sodium lauryl sulfate
- Sodium chloride
- Anhydrous lactose
- Corn starch
- Magnesium stearate,
- Cellulosic polymer coating
Take this medication orally, once or twice daily or as directed by your doctor. It is recommended to take the medicine with a glass of water on an empty stomach. Have at least an hour break if you take it before or after a meal.
If you are using the liquid form of this medicine, measure the dose correctly with a measuring spoon or cup. Take the medicine regularly at evenly spaced times. Do not skip any dose or stop using the medication until the entire prescribed amount of medicine is finished.
- Do not give up medications halfway through. This may make the bacteria resistant to the antibiotic being used that may make it affectless for future use.
- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant as it may harm the growing baby.
- Not suitable for use by nursing mothers.
- Not to be used by children eight years of age or younger.
- May cause permanent tooth discoloration in children.
- Do not get any vaccinations while using doxycycline as it may even cause bacterial vaccines not to work well.
- Limit exposure in the sun as the drug may make you extra sensitive to it.
Common side effects of doxycycline are as follows. But they are not too serious and go away once the treatment is completed.
- Allergic reactions such as hives, trouble breathing, etc.
- Loss of appetite
Serious side effects that need immediate medical attention include:
- A Headache
- Blurry vision
- Abdominal pain
- Severe and bloody diarrhea
Product Code: 1496
What is a Generic Drug?
A generic drug is a copy of the brand-name drug with the same dosage, safety, strength, quality, consumption method, performance, and intended use. Before generics become available on the market, the generic company must prove it has the same active ingredients as the brand-name drug and works in the same way and in the same amount of time in the body.
The only differences between generics and their brand-name counterparts is that generics are less expensive and may look slightly different (eg. different shape or color), as trademarks laws prevent a generic from looking exactly like the brand-name drug.
Generics are less expensive because generic manufacturers don't have to invest large sums of money to develop a drug. When the brand-name patent expires, generic companies can manufacture a copy of the brand-name and sell it at a substantial discount.